We’re so happy you found us. Since you’ve come this far, it’s safe to say you’re curious about our story and what career opportunities exist, so we’d love to start by introducing ourselves.
Then & Now
Our story starts in 2006 with three founders in a Sydney garage (no, we’re not kidding). Born from a desire to earn a living doing what they loved, with the flexibility to do it from anywhere, Envato set out to create an online community for buying and selling creative digital assets. Nearly 13 years later, we’re profitable and still totally bootstrapped. This allows us to stay super experimental and totally focused on the best interests of our authors & customers around the world.
We’ve built marketplaces where anyone can buy and sell the creative assets they need to complete their projects faster. Our community can now buy millions of different kinds of assets on Envato Market, or subscribe to the #1 unlimited subscription service for creatives, Envato Elements. Every day, these products continue to help everyone from freelancers to small business owners and agencies get their creative projects done.
While we are known and loved within the digital professional community globally, where our authors have earned over $750 million, we also want to be a place where anyone can Make with Envato. Alongside Market & Elements, our portfolio also includes Milkshake, a website builder for Instagrammers, Placeit, a smart template tool for logos, mockups, graphic design & more, Mixkit, for free stock footage and animation, and most recently, Twenty20, a stock-photo subscription service.
With over 600 people globally, we have offices in Guadalajara, Mexico & Los Angeles, alongside our funky Melbourne HQ. We pride ourselves on being super remote friendly, with a staffing population just as diverse as the global community that use our products. To keep this sustainable as we scale, we support people to work from anywhere, whether that’s the beach in Croatia, on the Mornington Peninsula, or from their living room.
What you’ll be doing
- Participating in workshops your team to understand the goal and scope of a project.
- Exploring different concepts with your team across multiple channels that have a clear connection to the project and creative briefs.
- Presenting design recommendations to the team effectively to get buy-in.
- Eliciting and taking on board constructive feedback to ensure the designs iterate positively.
- Advocating brand consistency.
- Championing our users and their needs and point of view.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience designing across a range of digital products and channels with a portfolio showing examples of your work including:
- Design exploration through low, medium & high fidelity design concepts..
- In depth understanding of colour, layout, typography usability and accessibility.
- Design for responsive layouts, with an all devices first approach.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or your design tool of choice.
- Prior experience working with the Envato suite of products is advantageous
- Confident presenting your design work and rationale for how it achieves the project objectives to stakeholders
What we offer
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Please speak to your manager before applying for this role then submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!