eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
You will be the bridge between the Distribution Partners (DP) Unit and the Data Team. The DP Unit is a rapidly growing team, focused on distributing eyeo’s ad-blocking technology to major software providers. Exciting times :)
The Data Team does everything data-related, and since the DP Unit is growing and is in constant need of data, insight, charts, product presentation and visualisation elements, we need someone that can facilitate that. You will ensure that the DP Unit has the necessary data for both internal and client-related support.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Engage with various teams to understand the business vision, requirements and priorities, and help translate them into actionable insights
- Define requirements and develop accessible, creative and engaging data visualization to facilitate access to insight with the help of the Data Team
- Refine, grow and support requests from stakeholders, and create new data analyses based on defined or new specifications
- Create relevant research and statistics questions
- Provide training on using the dashboard and other data products for both new and existing team members
- Help identify, define and specify future insight and data needs to support different unit initiatives
- Present results of investigations and recommendations to clients
- Keep up-to-date with the developments in the company and the industry
- Improve existing procedures and identify the needs for new procedures; train and advocate the team on quality improvements
What you bring to the table...
- 3+ years of experience supporting business stakeholders with information and proactive insights enabling data-driven decision making
- Experience doing descriptive, diagnostic and exploratory analyses
- Good knowledge of at least one self-service or visualization BI tool
- Experience with consulting stakeholders and/or driving projects
- Domain knowledge in a SaaS environment
- Knowledge of various statistical techniques appropriate to be used in different circumstances
- Understanding of SQL
- Good client facing and presentation skills
- Fluency in both verbal and written English
We don’t really care (well, we care a little bit) if you have...
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform and Google Data Studio
- Experience using non-proprietary visualization tools, e.g. Grafana, Shiny, D3.js, Superset, Redash
- Knowledge of R or Python
- Understanding how the internet and web browsers work
- Degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science or similar discipline
- Experience working in an international environment
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons