Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Engineering to lead development on one of our top products. A successful candidate will have an active-oriented mindset, and a focus on exceeding expectations, who operates with vision and integrity. Senior Managers of Engineering can expect to play an active role in projects, meet, and report back to upper management, plan and monitor work schedules, and work with multiple and diverse teams. Some of their responsibilities also include aligning engineering activities and projects with company goals and objectives, providing expert guidance and support, and maintaining positive relationships with both all product stakeholders.
This position will oversee our Conversations℠ app, which is our messaging platform with artificial intelligence that connects customers to dealerships, as well as our iOS and Android Mobile Development Team. To be successful as a Senior Manager of Engineering, you should have exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills, years’ of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. Ideal candidates will have experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in trends in engineering and leadership, and an above average emotional intelligence. This individual will also champion Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose within the team to allow them to do their best work.
Skills & Requirements:
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Planning and Architect of new features.
- Champions software development standards and best practices to be applied across all software development efforts.
- Leadership and mentoring of developers in their professional career growth.
- Supporting established organizational objectives by developing goals and strategies.
- Partner with the Product Owner on feature definition and breakdown.
- Serves as technical advisor to upper management.
- Works closely with development team to architect the best technical design and approach.
- Deep industry experience: 10+ years of software industry experience, showing high-impact work solving tough real-world problems.
- Strong experience as a People Manager for software development teams.
- Professional software development experience building applications.
- Experience in Nodejs, React, and PHP.
- Understanding of CI/CD.
- Understanding of TDD and BDD.
- Strong attention to design detail. Matching markup/layout with mockups, and making them better. Knowing when things are off (even by a couple pixels) - and knowing why that impacts the experience negatively.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum Environment.
- Experience working remotely and/or distributed teams.
- High sensibility to UI design and UX.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence.
- Experience in iOS and Android development.
BENEFITS & PERKS:*
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Subsidized gym membership
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.