At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
The core engineering team is a fast moving and highly technical group responsible for designing and building the right products with the Enterprise Ecosystem. These range from the major hyperscale clouds like AWS, Microsoft and Google to a wide range of enterprise software vendors. Working with our ecosystem partners is key to the successful adoption of Chef within an enterprise, as such you will play an integral role in the success of the company.
This position is located in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and reports to the Sr Manager, Content and Solution Engineering.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of our core solutions in collaboration with the other teams in Chef, utilizing operations and engineering skills to work across a diverse set of infrastructure providers and creators
- Support integrations with new and existing infrastructure providers
- Advocate and support improvements to our APIs and improvements with core development and integration of our partners
- Support open source contributors, new and experienced, with supportive and constructive code review, documentation improvements, and workflow changes
- Work on issues and improvements in our tools critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’ve spent the last few years working with a range of Cloud Technologies and DevOps tools to deliver projects and solutions
- You have experience in the design and implementation of complex technical solutions for Cloud based solutions and complex software architectures
- You’ll have solid software development skills with experience in (at least one) Ruby, Python, Go, C# or Java
- Expertise with Linux and Windows operations and networking
- You can demonstrate deep knowledge for some language or technology stack that you've worked with
- Previous experience (3+ years) as a software engineer, security engineer or sys admin/support engineer
- You’ll like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
- You’ll enjoy collaborating closely with Chef Customers and internal teams to understand their complex issues, solve their problems and elicit frequent feedback on the solutions you provide
- You believe quality is part of the process rather than an afterthought
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
Work isn’t just about work though. We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic benefits, and flexible hours. You’ll also get to work with some of the most down to earth, driven, intelligent and well read engineers in the industry!
Our successful Belfast site is growing and we want to continue to grow a team with a diverse worldview, that are excited to build a high quality DevOps engineering environment in an exciting, enjoyable and creative place to work.
If this sounds like a team you’d enjoy working with and technology you want to spend time on, for a product you can get behind, get in touch!
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.
Travel to the United States will be required occasionally.