Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
The Solutions Engineering team is a fast moving and highly technical group responsible for designing and building the right product integrations with our ecosystem partners. We ensure our solutions are fully loaded and ready to use by our customers, with all the content and configuration needed to securely deploy their applications into production environments on a continual basis using our integrated lifecycle management solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of InSpec compliance profiles and Chef remediation content and build out the code for auto-generation and testing the platform that generates this content
- Create integrations for InSpec with new and existing infrastructure providers
- Develop, maintain and enhance our Habitat Core Plans processes
- Grow to take on some of the team leadership and mentoring aspects over time
- Advocate and support improvements to our core development processes and integrations with our ecosystem toolsets
- Work on issues and improvements in our tools critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’ll have software development skills, with experience in one or more general purpose languages such as Ruby, Python, Go, C#, C++ or Java
- Expertise with Linux and Windows operations and networking
- Experience with some of the following - Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Build and Test Pipelines
- You can demonstrate deep knowledge in at least one development language or technology stack
- Previous experience (5+ years) as a software engineer, test automation engineer or operations engineer
- You’ll like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
- You’ll enjoy collaborating closely with Chef Customers, Partners and internal engineering teams to understand complex issues, solve their problems and elicit frequent feedback on the solutions you provide
- You believe quality is part of the process and not an afterthought - we are well rounded engineers, not developers who handoff to QA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience, is required
Work isn’t just about work though. We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic benefits, and flexible hours. You’ll also get to work with some of the most down to earth, driven, intelligent and well read engineers in the industry!
Our successful Belfast site is growing and we want to continue to grow a team with a diverse worldview, that are excited to build a high quality DevOps engineering environment in an exciting, enjoyable and creative place to work.
If this sounds like a team you’d enjoy working with and technology you want to spend time on, for a product you can get behind, get in touch!
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.
Travel to the United States will be required occasionally.