Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
The InSpec engineering team is a fast moving and highly technical group responsible for maintaining and building out our Compliance Automation core project.
InSpec enables you to turn your compliance and security policies into automated tests. As a member of the InSpec team you will be building the software that revolutionizes the relationship between security teams and their companies. You will be developing primarily in Ruby, but Chef's platform has other products written in Rust, and Go as well and our web interface is written in Angular.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Become an expert and advocate on our Inspec Compliance Tool to ensure its usage by customers remaining compliant and secure in an ever changing DevOps landscape
- Development and maintenance of InSpec
- Create integrations for InSpec with new and existing infrastructure providers and 3rd party tools
- Advocate and support improvements to our tooling internals and improvements with core development and integration pipelines
- Work on issues and improvements in our tools critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
- Partner with the Product Management and customer-facing teams to creatively develop improvements and solutions
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’ll have strong software development skills with experience in Ruby and one or more of the following - Python, Go, C/C++, C# or Java
- Expertise with Linux and Windows operations and networking
- You can demonstrate deep knowledge for some programming language or technology stack that you've worked with
- Previous experience (5+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant or solution architect
- You’ll like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
- You’ll enjoy collaborating closely with other Chef teams and customers to understand their complex issues, solve their problems and elicit frequent feedback on the solutions you provide
- You believe quality is part of the process, rather than an afterthought
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
Work isn’t just about work though. We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic benefits, and flexible hours. You’ll also get to work with some of the most down to earth, driven, intelligent and well read engineers in the industry!
Our successful Belfast site is growing and we want to continue to grow a team with a diverse worldview, that are excited to build a high quality DevOps engineering environment in an exciting, enjoyable and creative place to work.
If this sounds like a team you’d enjoy working with and technology you want to spend time on, for a product you can get behind, get in touch!
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.
Travel to the United States will be required occasionally.