We are seeking a Test Engineer to join an existing seasoned team, with the primary goal of evaluating our software suite via automation, and manual validation. You will work onsite and remotely under the direction of senior test team members, with product managers and developers. As a test engineer, you will be responsible for persona driven scenario validations of defined feature areas, new products, and cross suite interactivity/dependencies of a larger software suite.
Our team is at the leading edge of our automation push within Apptio, pushing the automation frameworks and quality agenda. You would work with and have guidance from Senior Test Engineers with experiences from both test strategy and our selenium backed toolsets. We take on the hard problems and provide solutions to our fellow development teams, with a test centric point of view.
Our success will be driven by your real passion for quality of product for our end users. Job one, will be to insure the customer is always spoken for, and has the best experience possible with our application. Your future team is the definition of cross suite, and prides itself on having the opposite of the "not my job" attitude.
Apptio is the CIO’s business management system. We build advanced data and analytics applications that help all IT leaders understand and make informed decisions about their technology investments, capitalize on the cloud transformation and drive innovation within their companies. We call it Technology Business Management (TBM). TBM solution experts believe deeply in Apptio's potential to lead our market and disrupt the IT industry daily. We are passionate about what we do and are driven by a common mission to support and elevate the role of CIOs within their organization. We are great teammates with an ambitious spirit and an eye on results. We work in a highly collaborative and agile environment where we strive to continuously improve.
- Writing basic automation scripts, editing existing scripts, and debugging automation code
- Growing a multi tool automation suite of tests using existing frameworks (Selenide/Selenium). Insuring that the automation output is clear, precise and up to date
- Capable of working with a team as requirements are gathered, and actively participating in conversations, then translating into actionable stories and tasks.
- Active participation in a multi silo scrum team (PM, DEV, TEST), from planning, tasking, validation and release
- Test case creation, and review with partners
- Manual executions of test cases, when more efficient and applicable
- An understanding of software test methodologies, tools, scripting and processes
- Test automation experience including Web, API and SQL
- Preferred coding experience in:
- SQL or relational database skills
- Version Control Systems
- Linux Command Line
- Experience in agile environments, with small scrum teams consisting of PM, Dev and Test
- Acting as a liaison with partners for test
- Experience in requirements gathering, and story development and tasking
- Communicating progress, blocking issues and strategy in person and via test plans
- Test planning