You are an engineer based in the US (West Coast) passionate about observability, automation, and reliability. Your team can count on you to deliver creative and inventive solutions to hard problems.
You are comfortable working with developers, senior leadership, and non-technical individuals to help provide value to the broader organization. You take opportunities to fix problems, mentor your peers, and step outside your comfort zone to develop your skillset.
The platform and site reliability engineering team at Apptio is responsible for building our Kubernetes platform in AWS and driving the adoption of SRE across our engineering teams.
Our SREs work closely with our product teams to raise the quality and reliability bar for our products and services and provide feedback and guidance for the adoption of cloud technologies in all stages of the development cycle.
In a typical day on this role, you will interact with Golang, Kubernetes, Puppet, GitlabCI, ArgoCD, Docker, Confluence, Jira, Slack, and AWS. If you don't know all these tools, don't worry, we are not expecting that you know them all. We understand that technology evolves quickly these days.
We are looking to hire someone with these skills
- Experience in a large-scale, distributed Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with any high-level programming languages (e.g., Golang, Ruby, Python)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (e.g., Puppet)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as code (e.g, Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Familiarity with RESTful systems and their APIs
- Familiarity with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
We'd be delighted to hire someone who:
- Has experience collaborating with team members in a mostly-remote team
- Has implemented workflows with tools like Kubernetes and Prometheus
- Has worked as an SRE embedded in product teams
- Mentoring peers and sharing skills
- Great communication skills
- Familiarity with observability
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders handle, plan, and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating the value of IT investments, accelerate innovation, and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.