We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our office in Ghent. You will be responsible for architecting, implementing and maintaining our applications, and participating in different phases of the development life cycle.
We are a team that design and implement content and transactional systems based on the application of great technology.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO
- Develop custom websites using React ( Gatsby, Next ), Redux and Storybook with headless CMS systems, especially Contentful
- Develop style systems using tooling such as Rebass, Styled Components and more
- Use your web skills to cross train to React Native or other universal frameworks
- Interpret customer/internal requirements to establish complete and accurate functional specifications and product documentation.
- Work with a variety of internal and external clients.
- Lead and mentor junior members of the team.
WHO YOU ARE
- The main skills we are looking for are:
- 3+ years experience developing with React, although Angular or similar is also relevant
- A good skill level on web related technologies such as HTML5 + CSS, DNS, URL’s, HTTP and Server Hosting, SEO and influences of JAMStack on this subject
- Microservice Architectures and REST API’s
- Source control using Git and associated tooling Github, BitBucket and CI
- A good understanding of CMS systems, preferably Headless, better still Contentful.
- It is highly likely that you will be conversant, or have a good appreciation of several of the following that are often involved in our projects. Some you will know, some you will get the chance to learn:
- Package management with NPM, Yarn or similar
- Webpack and babel
- PWA, SSG and Hybrid web architectures
- Automated testing using Jest or similar frameworks
- Database technologies - MongoDB, SQL etc.
- Cloud hosting : AWS, Azure, Heroku, Netlify
- Jira, Confluence and associated tooling
- OAuth, SSO, CIAM
- Server configuration and serverless ( Lambda, Netlify Functions, AWS Amplify )
- NodeJS, TypeScript.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field an asset
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment which may sometimes need flexible hours.
- You should be able to lead in your discipline and demonstrate best-practice.
- Attention to detail and consistency to minimize errors
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Professional, reliable, and possessing a strong work ethic
- A positive attitude and eagerness to learn are essential
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with client facing experience. You understand the importance of building strong relationships with clients.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies!
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.