Apptio is looking for a talented Data Engineer to build and maintain an infrastructure which will be core of delivering various Data & ML focused capabilities across our product portfolio. The infrastructure will support batch/real time data collection from various structured/unstructured sources, automated data pipeline and core data warehouses. As a data engineer, you will be responsible for developing, deploying and managing the infrastructure end to end. You will be core part of a new and exciting venture within Apptio focused on Data & ML.
- Ability to work with senior IT and Business leaders providing technical guidance related to data architecture, data models and meta data management
- Works closely with database teams on topics related to data requirements, cleanliness, accuracy etc.
- Interacts with the Business divisions to understand all data requirements to develop business insights and translates them into data structures and data model requirements to IT
- Codes, tests, and documents new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics
- Develops standards and processes for integration projects and initiatives
- Collects, parses, manages, analyzes and visualizes large sets of data using multiple platforms
- Ensures that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can serve multiple users within the company
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline; Master's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with advanced data management systems (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in developing applications in high volume data staging/ ETL environments and is proficient in advanced SQL experience (Postgres/ SQL)
- Clear understanding of different data domains in operations, customer etc., and has experience in master data management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving experience paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions; tolerance in dealing with bad quality data
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining formal documentation that describes data and data structures including data modeling
- Team oriented, goals oriented, and flexible with proven track record in collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in agile methodology
- Nice to have technical experience: Jira, AWS Glue, Redshift
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.