You will have experience with team management, capacity planning, and leading in an Agile environment. The right candidate will be skilled in SDLC, architecture, design and development of SaaS enterprise applications, contribute to the core technical strategy, drive product and functional requirements, value user experience, and will be a technology steward for the integrity of the system.
We use the latest technologies to help our customers understand, visualize, and take control of their IT costs. Building our application requires a deep understanding of our problem domain and a passion for technical challenges. We are scaling our operations in the Bengaluru area and seek you, as an Engineering Manager, to inspire, mentor, and develop a team that helps build Apptio products.
What we want you to do:
You will ensure that Apptio discovers, designs and delivers the right core capabilities predictably and enable your team, that develops the solution, to continuously improve. You will help in building and delivering simple, powerful, scalable services, innovative SaaS architectures, software quality, and developer productivity that results in high customer value delivery.
You will be involved in the daily activities of running your engineering team including: road mapping, planning sessions, requirement reviews, coding, design reviews, and technical discussions to determine technology direction. Additionally, you will work closely with other engineering teams across the Apptio product suite, information security, product management, user experience, and other engineering leaders to define and architect innovative solutions.
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience is required
· Minimum 7 years commercial software experience, with at least 3 years of relevant engineering management experience leading teams of individual contributors
· Proven track record of shipping high-quality enterprise applications on time with transparency of the engineering progress and increasing predictability of delivery
· Proficient with Java and a scripting language
· Current in technology trends, knowledge, and experience, such as:
· Cloud technologies in AWS, Azure or GCP
· Multi-dimensional analytic systems / OLAP
· Database technology, both SQL and NoSQL
· Data Science and Machine Learning
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
· Has designed, built, and shipped complex systems involving multiple engineering teams
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, collaboration across global teams and critical thinking
· Has ensured a high level of code quality and contributed to engineering best practices, leading by example
· Experience and enthusiasm for Agile software development in a SaaS DevOps culture
· Track record of mentoring, recruiting, retaining and growing a team of engineers
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.