You are a dynamic and experienced design leader who is passionate about data visualization, software design, and user experience. You are obsessive and detail oriented about your work and the work of your team. You have led a team of visual designers and writers through analysis, creative development, and implementation of your ideas and solutions, and you have executed a product or brand refresh with quantifiable results.
We’re looking for the creativity to translate massive amounts of data and information into actionable analysis for our customers. We help technology leaders analyze, optimize, and plan for technology spending and we need an experienced leader to make our applications as simple, intuitive, and beautiful as possible. We have a talented team and are now looking for someone with a strategic vision and an entrepreneurial mindset to lead that team.
- Work with a team of UI, UX, and writing professionals to design, communicate, and execute your vision for a modernized Apptio user experience.
- Work to deeply understand the needs and challenges of our users and reflect these requirements in your proposed visual design and user experience.
- Partner with product management and engineering leaders to establish and improve existing product workflows and data visualizations while building a vision for new applications and features.
- Integrate user interactions and visual identity for products acquired via acquisition to establish a cohesive cross-portfolio identity.
- Quickly build and iterate on high-fidelity product mockups with input from executive leadership, internal stakeholders, and customers.
- Develop and document a standard information architecture that can be leveraged across all products.
- Increase the quality, comprehensiveness, and availability of all product documentation.
- More than 7 years of experience designing software through the development lifecycle, including SaaS (preferably business-focused)
- Demonstrable knowledge of prevailing usability principles and techniques, including in research and information architecture
- At least five years of experience working with agile development and rapid release cycles
- At least three years of experience directly managing teams with at least five people; having recruited, terminated, and successfully managed performance over several cycles
- Experience building teams with the right mix of user experience competencies for the type and maturity of the organization
- Experience leading, or participating in the leadership of, user assistance (technical publication or content strategy) functions
- Materially involvement in software and software documentation localization
- Applicable domain expertise, such as in IT, cloud computing, financial management and business intelligence
- Familiarity with modern front-end development frameworks and technologies
- Experience with video, interactive training, and other information delivery models
- Experience using interviews, usability testing, and usage metrics to establish user characteristics and requirements
- A Seattle-local network of user experience contacts to draw upon for recruiting and with which to share challenges and solutions
- Data visualization experience in Tableau, PowerBI or Qlikview
- Proficiency in high-fidelity mockup tools such as Sketch, Invision, or equivalent
- Effective spoken and written English communication skills
Apptio fuels digital business transformation. Technology leaders use Apptio's machine learning to analyze and plan their technology spend so they can invest in products that increase the speed of business and deliver innovation. With Apptio, they translate raw costs, utilization, and billing data into business-centric views that help their organization optimize spending, plan strategically, and drive digital strategy that funds growth of the business. Technology leaders can gather instant recommendations that result in 30% saving on cloud services. For more information, please visit apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.