Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
As our Director of Engineering, Platform, your leadership will drive innovation and scale across our infrastructure, tooling, and platform and data services. A pivotal role in the future of our technology, you will be responsible for building the vision and leading the teams in delivering a platform that scales to support growth, adopts industry best practices and leverages automation across the stack.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the cloud strategy across our non-production, production and data environments.
- Lead the teams through planning and executing the automation and orchestration of our developer workflow in the cloud.
- Drive cross-functional platform strategy discussions with the product engineering teams.
- Lead the teams supporting both our own infrastructure and our cloud infrastructure through growth and transition.
- Drive product data platform strategy across our product ecosystem.
- Lead the Platform Services team through identifying, building and maintaining services to support our products for users and customers.
- You will monitor and improve platform performance, using industry best practices and new technologies to creatively solve problems.
What you’ll need to have:
- 5+ years in a similar role with experience in both on-premise and cloud-hosted infrastructure, tooling and SaaS products.
- 15+ years in infrastructure, tooling and platform engineering.
- Ideally experience in Azure, .Net applications and cloud migrations.
- An understanding of Stack Overflow and other Stack Exchange network sites
- Ability to make decisions at high velocity.
- A passion for helping teams work more productively as well as experience with change management.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Apply for this Job
Apply for this Job