Inherent throughout our tech capabilities is deep expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle, a drive for creativity, a passion for the craft, and collaboration with other disciplines - all foundational ingredients in successful digital experiences and client partnerships.
As a Senior Application Support Analyst, you will be working closely with business, operations and development project teams, you will track issues, maintenance requests, minor enhancement or feature requests from start to finish, taking ownership of investigating, coding and/or triaging issues as required, while providing timely and effective communication of status and resolution are to all stakeholders. Beyond traditional application support, you will also be playing a critical role in keeping systems running smoothly and efficiently by seeking new and exciting ways to monitor systems and proactively identify issues.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO
- Partner, build relationships and become a trusted advisor to Appnovation’s customers, business development team, client services leadership teams and senior leadership
- Contribute to growth by actively contributing to new business activity, statement of work (scope, deliverables and effort estimations) and project delivery
- Audit existing implementations, identify gaps, recommend improvements and support proposal development
- Articulate and advocate industry and department best practices
- Provide support for sites built on Adobe AEM for managed on behalf of Appnovation Customers.
- Ensure issues are properly logged and triaged appropriately using tools such as Jira.
- Work with operations and development teams to investigate, analyze and resolve issues.
- Monitor, document and report system issues and their resolutions.
- Manage and maintain existing automated system monitoring scripts.
- Identify and implement new ways to monitor and identify issues in supported application.
- Communicate issue status and resolution between technology teams and other stakeholders.
- Supply in-depth technical and business product knowledge to multiple teams.
- Implement and support the adherence of Appnovation’s (and client where applicable) technology standards, patterns and practices to ensure the highest degree of software quality
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices to ensure that skill set/knowledge base remains broad and current
- Create knowledge base articles for marketing, case studies, whitepapers and to share experiences with broader Appnovation team
- Ensure technology standards, patterns and practices are understood and implemented by all teams and partners
- Support and advocate for ongoing internal knowledge capture and sharing
- Educate staff members through ongoing training and individual support
WHO YOU ARE
- You have customer first mindset and a devotion to customer service
- You are prompt, clear, concise and articulate in communications
- You engage and build positive internal and external client relationships, while managing multiple initiatives, often with competing priorities
- You have strong inter-personal, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work, influence and make an impact in a cross-functional environment
- You have solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- You set high standards for code quality, performance/scalability, security and seek continuous improvement
- You actively seek out things outside your comfort zone
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of web and/or mobile development experience within CMS platforms, specifically Adobe AEM.
- 3+ years of technical application support analyst experience
- 3+ years of experience in Java (J2EE) development or equivalent
- Working knowledge of AEM technologies (e.g. Apache Sling, Sling models, HTL/Sightly)
- Working knowledge of modern web/and or mobile development tools, frameworks and build tools
- Working knowledge of version control systems and continuous integration systems (Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Travis CI)
- Working knowledge of Java Frameworks such as object mappers, Guice, Spring
Bonus Points if You Have the Following:
- Working knowledge of configuring and using build automation tools (Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc)
- Working knowledge of automated test scripting and monitoring APIs using API testing tools such as Postman
- Working knowledge of HTTP protocol, UNIX shell scripting and networking
- Working knowledge of microarchitectures, SOA and REST APIs
- Working knowledge of security and privacy by design principles
- Experience with agile principles and methodologies
- Experience with DevOps principles and practices
- Adobe Certification in AEM
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies!
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.